Round 1: Social Round
- That custody hearings should not take into account the biological origin of the child.
- That we should make pre-nuptial agreements a pre-requisite for all marriages.
- That we should use early childhood education to actively undermine traditional gender roles.
Round 2: Criminal Justice Round
- That we should lower the standard of proof in sexual assault trials to be “on the balance of probability” (rather than “beyond reasonable doubt”).
- That we should repeal the statute of limitations.
- That we should make complete and total rehabilitation the only determinant of prisoner release dates.
Round 3: Rights Round
- That the West should adopt a one-child policy.
- That human rights should be considered culturally relative.
- That we should allow all citizens, including the entirely healthy, to access assisted suicide.
Round 4: Military/Security Round
- That countries should be able to prosecute foreign soldiers who commit crimes whilst serving in their jurisdiction.
- We should allow soldiers to sue the government for negligence.
- The ICC should consider the targeting of religious sites during conflict a crime against humanity.
Round 5: Gay Round
- That Glee is good for the gay rights movement.
- That we would not allow those wrongly accused of being gay to sue for defamation.
- That we should allow the creation of GLBTIQ only schools.
Quarter Finals: Democracy Round
- That true democracy would allow its citizens to vote for authoritarianism.
- That we should abolish term limits in established western democracies.
- Assuming intelligence could be perfectly measured: that we should make the power of your vote proportionate to your intelligence.
Semi Finals: Health Round
- That doctors should be allowed to lie in order to create or augment a placebo-effect for their patients when no cure for their illness is available.
- That we should force treatment upon the mentally ill.
- That we should allow religious organisations to pay women who are considering abortion to carry their child to term.
Grand Final: Development Round
- That dictators should NEVER be able to access development loans.
- That the United Nations should tax the profits of all natural resource sales worldwide.
- That post-war reconstruction contracts should be restricted to companies from countries which actively supported the war effort.
coming soon is now here
3886 views and 0 responses