Istanbul Open 2010 Motions
September 11 2010, 12:42 PM
The motions of the tournament were:
- Round 1: This House believes that states should not fund national sport teams.
- Round 2: This House would make development aid to overcrowded countries conditional to population control measures.
- Round 3: This House believes that international law should prohibit the use of unmanned fighting vehicles.
- Round 4: This House would not allow corporations to sue libel or slander.
- Round 5: This House would ban its citizens from visiting countries with dictatorial or repressive regimes whose economies depend on tourism.
- Round 6: This House would pay religious organizations or individuals to convert people in areas of social deprivation.
- Semi: This House would make TV and radio stations legitimate military targets.
- Final: This House would abandon fixed-term sentences and would instead release prisoners upon rehabilitation.